AN ONLINE TRAINING ENVIRONMENT FOR BUSINESS.
The management at yourclassroom.com of Roseburg Oregon, has over 30 years experience developing business and education partnerships. Key strategies have been implemented to solve problems related to enhancing the classroom. This service is the custom development of an environment in which training programs can enhance capacity by putting their own proprietary materials in an online interactive site for the benefits of their customers.
What is an online training environment?
Think of the traditional classroom in a school. Within the classroom, there is a teacher and a number of students. In addition, there are desks, a chalkboard, a reference library and various learning aids. On the teacher's desk is a calendar and the student grade book. Each student has the designated textbook for the class and a notebook for assignments. This is a traditional learning environment. When a business conducts a training event, the environment is very similar.
Now think of putting all these elements on a set of servers off site. Doing so, you have caused the geometry of the classroom to change. The classroom becomes a classroom without walls, and time becomes discontinuous. The teacher and student alike have access to the environment, but now they do it in their own space and in their own time. All the functions are there. Now, the auditorium can hold thousands of students. Or, it becomes a host of smaller auditoriums. A single presenter can simultaneously provide training to multiple sites. Also, the teacher has done away with the copy machine, the chalk-dust and reams of paper.
In short, an online training environment is a place where a training curriculum can be put and students can access it from anywhere.
Does this eliminate the face to face training component of employee training?
It can, but to facilitate team building, it is still good to have the group activity. The online environment is designed to conduct much of the knowledge-base development and should be used along with a site based activity. By supplementing the on site meetings with the online environment, the total cost of the training in terms of travel and non-productive time is reduced.
How is this better than just handing out the training manual?
As in most employee training activities, there is a need to document that the employee has actually read the manual. The online environment can do that. In addition, this can reduce the cost of producing the training manuals. Since the online class never closes, the material is always available for future reference. When the manual is changed, it is changed in a single location. In addition, a test can be given that is automatically graded and the score placed in a grade book for employer reference. New research in how people learn indicates that there is a need for students to actually communicate what they have learned, but should demonstrate the ability to take action related to what they have read or heard. Our system takes that into consideration.
During the designated time frame for the training, students are able to ask questions at anytime without multiple visits to the training office or calls if the trainer is off site. Questions are managed so all students can benefit from individual queries and demonstrate understanding.
How is this different from current online meeting sites?
Current sites are session based whereas this environment is continuous and self regulated. Going over the many sites for online learning, they all provide parts of the environment, but not all of it. Students must download proprietary software or the class processes resemble a web based fax machine between teacher and student.
The yourclassroom.com environment takes every element of the classroom work flow system into a single browser based assemblage of modules that are integrated and compatible without issues around site license and upgrades. It is especially important that the asynchronous and synchronous elements be integrated, so the student and teacher can make a seemless transition from a text based, discontinuous process to a live face to face virtual classroom experience that brings everyone together at the same time if that becomes necessary.
Give some examples of how this can be used.
1. As a traditional classroom set up. A teacher creates a class in the yourclasssroom.com site. Students are able to register for the course, and then the teacher is able to open the class which will run over a specified period. Just like traditional classes, a curriculum and planned course statements along with a schedule of tasks and tests will result in replacing the live classroom in a building.
2. As a distributed classroom set up. A teacher conducts a live class in a physical classroom. The class is transmitted live to other classrooms around the country. This enables smaller schools to receive the benefits of highly qualified instructors in larger schools. The teachers in the "satellite" classrooms provide the mentoring aspects of learning.
3. A business association can put on a conference in the locality of the training office. The training is conducted in an auditorium, and broadcast over yourclassroom.com live to other communities. The asynchronous components can provide pre-conference instruction and post-conference follow-up.
4. A business can provide new product roll out training, safety training, and board meetings using uniquely designed classroom features depending on standard operations.
5. Public Land Management Agencies can use the yourclassroom.com site to conduct volunteer training for land restoration projects through partnership with community based organizations and schools.
6. AND MUCH MUCH MORE
LIMITED ONLY BY YOUR IMAGINATION
To get started, contact Bob Craft, 503-866-7335 or firstname.lastname@example.org